Sunday, February 06, 2005

Time

There is so much time. There's the time of tahajjud, the time after Fajr until Ishraq, there are over an hour and a half train rides to and from the city, there's the entire evening and the night time before my head finds its way to the pillow and the day draws to a close. School and home work is no more. Time belongs to me.
My friends and family are in college, medical school, mothers, crunched for time, trying so hard to get even those few free moments which they can devote entirely to the worship of Allah swt. Time doesn't seem to belong to them.
Once I was struggling so hard to put everything into my day and the hours seemed to be not enough. What was it that I was trying to do? Perhaps a little reflection will help to re-fill my days with attempts to draw closer to Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala...

Quran--daily Surahs + memorization + reading with meaning + recitation
Dhikr--daily wirdhs + every free moment
Dua

Hadith
Seerah

Arabic
Fiqh
Tajweed

Wuquf-i-qalbi
Muraqaba
Reflection

Reading
Listening to CDs/tapes

That is the internal domain....then there is the external:

Teaching
Friends
Family
Good company
Community help



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home