Saturday, September 24, 2005

The Beauty in Silence

TV off
door shut
all gone
silence reigns

crickets sound
heart stills
darkness gains

rhythmic beat
God's praise
creation sings

There is a beauty in silence...

Nobody's home and I'm having organic Kashi crackers that Sana left behind with nutella. No one's home and for a change the walls of this house are experiencing silence. I don't want to disturb them so I type lightly and choose to keep the lights off. It's only the light of this screen that is blaring through the darkness. The crickets outside (and perhaps other creatures as well) are humming their song non-stop which is making its way through the window screen on my left and into my ears, entering my heart. There is a calm I feel, a peace. If I close my eyes and simply repeat 'Allah,' I can feel the heaviness upon my eyelids lifting.

When we are amidst Allah swt's Creation that is in utter and complete obedience to Him, doing exactly that which is ordained for it, then and then alone are we really 'at home'...and it is a wonderful feeling, not to mention a much needed serenity in our lives. May we make the most of these moments (be they in silence, amidst nature or in good company) so that we may find ourselves just as much at peace when there will be no one around, and in darkness we shall lay still-ameen*

2 Comments:

At 3:10 PM, Blogger Mujahada said...

Short and sweet. Very sweet, masha Allah. Alhamdulillah it happened that I was feeling quite serene to begin with, before I read your blog, so as I read it just imagining what you wrote added tranquility, alhamdulillah.

Your writing entered my heart, hm... perhaps you should do more? :)

Mujahada

 
At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow MashAllah, i feel so peaceful after reading your blog. Please make dua that i can attain this peacefulness in silence.

InshAllah i am going to Stony Brook University.
Any advice?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home